Sunday, August 07, 2005

August 6th -- Weekend Rest

It has been a nice week. I worked a few days and have been the recipient of more generosity. Sarah's mother was in town to help last week and my mother came into town to do her part on friday. It has been a miraculous tag team effort to make our house normal in this flurry of strange happenings. My friend Nate is also coming out next thursday, and this will be great since it is at the tail end of my last full week of heavy Chemo. To top it off, this is also Nate's 35th birthday. I am honored that he has chosen to spend it with me in leiu of something fun and exciting. I expect our level of activity will include some movie watching and me sleeping a bit, so I am not really sure what to say except "thanks!"
I am not planning to work much in the following week and I am a little stressed out about how to take care of some outstanding issues I have. I have written a few mails and can do some things remotely, so I suppose all is fine. I am a little worried about the cumulative effects of chemotherapy on my energy level and immune system though. I just need to make sure that I keep in touch with everyone and make sure that no balls are dropped . . .
Otherwise, I am looking forward to meeting up with my pals in chemo and hope that everyone has been feeling well since I saw them on Tuesday. I believe my mother will be taking me to Chemo this week and this will be nice for her to see what I am going through and share some time together during what is normally non-interactive with folks who are not patients themselves. During the times when it is just us cancer patients in the room, I am hoping that maybe Mike and I can take in a movie or two.
I am looking forward to a big party to celebrate the end to my cancer. I am hoping that many of the people and acquaintances that I have made through this experience will be able to join me for the same reason!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home