Tuesday, August 02, 2005

August 2nd -- Bleo Day, Week three

All was pretty uneventful today--- I chatted with the doctor and found that my blood counts (white and red) are expectedly down as a result of treatment. I suppose the only interesting thing about this is that I have a skin infection and have had some steroid induced acne in several places. Sarah picked up my antibiotics at the pharmacy today and I should be back to normal in a few days. Also, since I have shaved my hair, some hair has fallen out of places other than my head-- i found out that this is normal, but found it quite surprising when it happened. Everyone is different and may see different results from treatment, but I will say I was surpised at the location on me (use your imagination). I suppose that this is further evidence that Chemotherapy is downright strange!

The treatment itself went fine-- there was a bit of difficulty flushing my catheter lines, but all was fine after a fluch of saline, followed by heparin and another try. Bleomycin is pretty simple and fast treatment and for some reason today, no nausea, so I am happy about this! My great friend Brett stopped by again today to hang out and chat-- This is such a nice thing to have, and I really appreciate this interaction. I also chatted with Mike (who is looking great, FYI), and Norm (also seems to be doing well with his response to treatments!) All of us young guys that chat in the treatment room are keeping a pretty positive attitude recently and we even ventured into political discussion today. I was pretty excited in my discussions of my new iPod, and showed off some ot the apparently 6000 pictures I already have on the thing.

After treatment, I went home and Brett and I had some Excellent Philly steak sandwiches from Deli Zone. Yum! I was a little tired at this point and rested for much of the afternoon. I plan to go to work tomorrow and am looking forward to the stimulus. Rest is good, but feeling productive is better!

I need to sleep tonight, so hopefully this will go well.
Off I go to take a sleeping pill!
One day closer to Cured!

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ricketer-
YOu sound very upbeat inspite of all th ecrappy things happening to you-I am impressed. Sorry to hear about the sleep troubles, I can relate. I've been a pretty bad insomniac ever since I was taking some drugs for altitude sickness and I know how crazy it makes you. If it doesn't get better, give me a call and I'll share the ideas that work for me. Stay focused on getting better-Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home