Monday, July 18, 2005

July 17th

It is Sunday, and I am a little freaked out about starting the Chemo tomorrow. I really have no expectations about how I will actually react to this stuff, but in prep for the lethatrgy that is inevitable, I got in a bike ride with Jim C this morning. we went about 20 or so miles, and I actually felt OK even with the Hickman hanging out of my chest. I have started calling this thing the Frankenstein factor . . .
Either that or the new trend in body piercing!!
My heart rate got into the 170s and there were no problems. Having never had a catheter like this in my chest, I was a little paranoid, but there were definitely no issues. I was really worried about having Jim looking over me on the side of the road as I passed out from shock and then having the trauma of calling 911 for my care . . . Of course, none of this happened, and the ride was fine. It was really nice to be outdoors enjoying the warm weather, smells of nature and the views of the fabulous front range with a good friend. Thanks Jim for the company and the exercise! I have an aggessive goal of getting in a very short ride every day even while doing treatment, so anybody who wants to go on a short spin during the cool part of the day and possibly hold me up when I feel like crap, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home