Monday, July 18, 2005

July 4th

Independence day! We went to the Cherry Creek Arts Fest and had a bit of fun in the heat. Afterwards, we visted with our friends Brittanie and Dan from Northern VA, who were in town for the weekend to visit with her parents. It was fun to see them and meet everyone. I think I had a few moments when I was not thinking about my cancer. Hannah was running around like a nutball harrassing Jonah and complaining that he took stuff from her . . . of course when you are two, everything is yours and things reach crisis level in a heartbeat!
Maybe this is strange, but it sort of warms my heart to see the insignificant conflicts and tribulations of a couple of two year olds and know that the innocent minds are not as conflicted as my own! 10 seconds after screaming about a toy conflict, two year olds can be overcome with joy and happiness.
Little Jack made my heart melt with a full-blown smile.
I am expecting my understanding of joy and happiness will only be enhanced by the new perspective that this cancer experience is giving me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home